The Intensive Care Unit was first established in 1978 and is among one of the first few private hospital-based units dedicated to the provision of intensive care in Hong Kong. Our nurses are trained both in knowledge and practical skill for ICU duties. We maintain good communication with attending physicians and take meticulous care of critically ill patients to speed up their recovery.
Coping with a critical illness in a loved one is far from easy. Besides looking after the patients' medical and emotional needs, we will do our best to help their family members sail through this difficult time.
- A total of 11 beds (i.e. 3 private rooms and 8 semi-private beds).
- Each private room is equipped with local, Now TV & Satellite TV Channels, telephone, refrigerator, sofa bed for a family member’s overnight stay, and a common sitting room.
- A common sitting area with telephone is provided for other visitors.
Close monitoring and life-support care:
- Bedside ventilator support and monitoring system providing 24-hour ECG, haemodynamic and oximetric monitoring.
- CCTV patient monitoring system enabling continuous observation of patient's condition at the central nurse station.
- Renal dialysis for patients with kidney failure.
- MARS (Molecular Adsorbents Recirculation System) therapy, a procedure to remove toxins from the blood of liver failure patients.
- Post-procedural care and monitoring for patients who have undergone open heart surgery or balloon angioplasty.
- All bedside monitors are connected to the computer system of the central nurse station, enabling storage, retrieval and analysis of different patient data for treatment optimization.
- ECG data of patients staying in other wards are transferred to and closely monitored at the ICU via telemetry.
Guidelines for Visitors
In order to maintain a comfortable environment and facilitate rest for patients, visitors are advised to take note of the following suggestions.
- Please switch off your mobile phones to avoid interference with medical equipment.
- Visitors are advised to wear a mask whilst staying in the Unit. Please wash your hands thoroughly before and after visiting.
- Please wait in the sitting area when physicians and nurses are attending to the patients (i.e. during the conducting of nursing or medical procedures).
- Please do not touch any medical equipment, lines or tubings that are attached to patients or patients' surgical wounds.
- Please limit the number of visitors to 2 family members at one time.
- Children under the age of 12 are not recommended to visit.
- Children must be accompanied by adults in order to avoid accidents.
If you would like to seek further information or enquire about the condition of your family member, please feel free to talk to the attending nurse anytime
Address: 13/F, Li Shu Pui Block
Tel: 2835 8920
Fax: 2892 8649
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm