- A deposit is required prior to admission.
- Hospital charges such as room rent (excluding meals), medicines, meals, operating theatre, O.T. materials, diagnostic examinations (e.g. M.R.I., C.T. Scan, PET/CT Scan, Nuclear medicine, X-ray, Ultrasound, Laboratory tests), radiotherapy, lithotripsy, angiography, physiotherapy, nursing procedures, equipment, medical supplies, doctor's consultation, etc, are made in accordance with the Hospital's scales of charges for the particular type of accommodation. Additional charges will be made for certain services (e.g. Operating Theatre, M.R.I., C.T. Scan, Cardiac Catheterization & Intervention, Nuclear Medicine, Lithotripsy, etc.) on public holidays and after working hours. For details, please contact the Accounts Department or the relevant service department.
Oral medications once dispensed are not returnable. Unopened vials/bottles of medicine for injection may be returned to our Pharmacy for refund if these are discontinued by the attending doctor. However, a 10% dispensing administration charge will be deducted.
- Room/bed charges are based on daily rates. (Meals not included)
First 24 hours – (Commencing from registration) any stay for 2 hours or less, half-day rent will be charged; stay for over 2 hours, one full-day rent will be charged.
After 24 hours – Any period less than 12 hours, half-day rent will be charged; any period over 12 hours, one full-day rent will be charged.
Room Transfer – The room rent for the day of transfer will be the total of HALF OF EACH of the daily rates for the respective rooms/beds involved.
- Bed for each additional patient staying in the same private room: One-half of the normal room rent will be charged.
- Patient Companion:
- An extra bed can be provided after 9:00 p.m. each day and it will be cleared out by 7:00 a.m. the next day.
- An extra charge will be made for persons staying in the room after 10:00 p.m.
- Only one person is allowed to accompany each patient in a semi-private room or general ward.
- The Hospital is not responsible for collection of medical insurance payments for patients except those with the prior approval of the Hospital.
- Any damage to Hospital property shall be charged to the patient's account.
- The Hospital reserves the right to collect the differences in charges incurred in respect of patients who change their accommodation to a higher grade.
- All charges for room rent, medicines, meals, diagnostic examinations, operating theatre, O.T. materials, medical supplies, equipment, etc, are payable every 5 days (for ICU every 3 days) and full settlement must be made of any outstanding bills before discharge from hospital.
Payment of hospital charges may be guaranteed by producing an acceptable letter of guarantee from a company in Hong Kong on admission. Payment may be made by cash or cheque drawn on a local bank in Hong Kong. EPS and VISA/MASTER/DINERS/American Express cards are also accepted.
- Opening hours of the Accounts Department and Cashier:
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily.
Patients who have to leave before or after the opening hours should make prior arrangements with the Accounts Department before 9:00 p.m. on the day of intended departure or the day before for the settlement of the account.
© Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital Limited. All rights reserved.
2 Village Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong Tel : 2572 0211 Fax：2835 8008