Throughout the past years, the Hospital has been supporting or organizing health promotion programmes through the Dr. Ellen Li Charitable Foundation. In memory of the late Dr Ellen Li, the wife of the former Medical Superintendent Dr Li Shu Pui, the Dr Ellen Li Charitable Foundation was established in November 2005 to support development in medicine. In April 2009, Village Volunteers, a voluntary work group, was established by the Hospital to encourage staff members in participating community services.
- The third “Walk for Vision” was held by Village Volunteer on 20 March 2011 to raise fund for the New Voice Club of Hong Kong, in support of the laryngectomees to regain their voices and reintegrate into the community.
- In March 2011, Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital was awarded Caring Company Logo for its unsparing effort in wide-ranging community services and charities.
- [20 December 2010] With all the enthusiastic support from doctors and staff as well as the matching donation by the Hospital, the Operation Santa Claus 2010 has raised a total of HK$371,928.
- In March 2010, Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital - Voluntary Work Group "Village Volunteers"
Second "Walk for Vision" Raises Over HK$400,000 for Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong to Grant Wishes for Severely Ill Children.
- The Hospital has pledged to be a supporting organization of the Operation Santa Claus in 2009. A special charity Christmas party was organised by the Village Volunteers to raise funds. It had raised a total of over HK$320,000 for the Operation Santa Claus.
- One of the sponsored programmes of Dr. Ellen Li Charitable Foundation is the Hong Kong Hereditary and High Risk Breast Cancer Programme, which is the first-of-its-kind that offers clinical service and collects genetic data of the Asian population, in particular the Chinese population, for ethnic-specific assessment and management of breast cancer.
- Our doctors have been visiting Ebenezer School & Home for the Visually Impaired since the beginning of 2009 on a regular basis. Not only do the doctors offer free health assessment sessions for the children, they also organise free talks to the staff members of the school to equip them with the latest medical information.
- Representing the Village Volunteers, our nurses joined the Ripple Action in July 2009, giving free pap smears to the participants.
- In April 2009, Village Volunteer was established by the Hospital to encourage staff members in participating community services. "Walk for Vision" charitable walkathon was organized to raise fund for Ebenezer School & Home for the Visually Impaired, with the goal to purchase a brand new 16 seater minibus to carry wheelchairs for children with special needs.
- After the Sichuan earthquake took place in May 2008, the Hospital initiated a hospital-wide fund-raising campaign and pledged to match the donation dollar-for-dollar. We have raised over HK$ 7.3 million in total for the Hong Kong Red Cross to assist to the long-term rehabilitation of earthquake victims.
- In 2008, the Dr. Ellen Li Charitable Foundation sponsored free cervical screening for new immigrants in the "Ripple Action" campaign.
- Since 2001, The Hospital has been supporting the Cervical Cancer Awareness Programme organised by Hong Kong Cancer Fund. In 2007, we joined force with P&G Hong Kong to offer comprehensive screening at a special rate for the Programme, with the aim to raise public awareness of cervical cancer prevention.
- The Hospital has always been supportive of staff participation in charity campaign, such as the Oxfam Trailwalker since 2002, the Community Chest Walk and the recent "Run to Beijing Charity Marathon".