Li Shu Pui Medical Foundation
Dr. Li Shu Pui led the management of the Hospital for several decades. He was elected a member of the Board of Directors in 1933 and was appointed Assistant Medical Superintendent in 1936. In 1966, he succeeded his brother, Dr. Li Shu Fan, as Chairman of the Board of Directors, Medical Superintendent of the Hospital, and Chairman of the Board of Governors of The Li Shu Fan Medical Foundation.
Dr. Li was committed to the continuous growth and development of the Hospital. Apart from providing a pleasant and comfortable environment for patients, he spared no efforts in upgrading the quality of care in the Hospital as well as introducing the most advanced equipment, continuous education and training of staff, whose contribution he always treasured. He always treasured their contribution. He had successfully instituted “Quality in service, Excellence in care” in the Hospital. Apart from being a surgeon of high repute, Dr. Li was also a visionary leader.
Dr. Li passed away in 2005. His dedication to nurturing young people and contributing to charitable causes had benefited many in the community. He is also well remembered for his mode of management which continues on and on.
|Li Shu Pui Medical Foundation |
The Li Shu Pui Medical Foundation Limited was incorporated on 1 February 2008. It was granted charitable status on 23 October 2009. In memory of Dr. Li, the Foundation sets out to promote academic exchange on medical education, support medical research and enhance public health awareness through financial support.
A Dean’s Fund was established with the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine of The University of Hong Kong (HKU) to support medical research, training and education as well as the development of Hong Kong’s medical profession. Scholarships are also provided to medical students in need.